Food & Wine Pairing – Orange Sesame Baked Salmon
Orange Sesame Baked Salmon
- Prep time: 8 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 28 minutes
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Coriander or Chopped Chives
- 1 Tsp Freshly Grated Ginger
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice, Pure
- ½ Tsp of Hot Chilli Sauce
- Toasted Sesame Seeds for Topping
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- In a small bowl whisk together honey, soy sauce, orange juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, hot sauce and pepper
- Place each salmon fillet skin side down on individual sheets of foil prepared on a tray and make a few cuts in the salmon fillet (to allow the sauce to infuse the fillet).
- Brush or spoon the glaze over each fillet and wrap all sides of the foil to cover the fillet and seal closed. Repeat with all fillets.
- Place the tray into the oven and cook for 12 minutes for rare or 17 minutes for medium.
- Open the foil and spoon extra sauce over salmon and place back in oven with foil open for 2 minutes
- Serve immediately with fresh coriander or chives and sesame seeds if desired.