Food & Wine Pairing: Beerenberg Bourbon Burger & Sidewood Apple Cider
We hope you enjoyed The Beerenberg Bourbon Burger over Winter Reds at Sidewood at Maximilian’s. We’ve had such great feedback we thought we’d share the recipe with you so you can make it at home.
The Beerenberg Bourbon Burger marks the beginning of a great relationship with Beerenberg in which Sidewood look forward to bringing you exclusive offers, recipes and special events. To celebrate this exciting partnership please enjoy Sidewood’s Apple Cider, which pairs perfectly with The Beerenberg Bourbon Burger with 10% OFF when you order online before 31 August 2016.
“A fairly quick and simple burger using quality Beerenberg products that packs a big punch in flavour, and really warms you up on these chilly winter days.”
RECIPE: THE BEERENBERG BOURBON BURGER
– 6x Brioche Burger Buns
– 2x Heads of Cos Lettuce (washed and torn)
– 1 Tablespoon Butter for Burger Buns
For the Pork Marinade:
– 1kg Boneless Pork Shoulder (Fat trimmed)
– 2L Chicken Stock
– 2x Cans Coca Cola
– Salt & Pepper
- In a large mixing bowl place Beerenberg Smoky BBQ Sauce, Chicken Stock and Coca Cola, mix well.
- Transfer Pork Shoulder into a deep roasting tray pouring marinade over the pork until completely covered.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Preheat fan forced oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Cover the roasting tray with baking paper and aluminium foil
- Transfer into roasting tray and place in the oven for two hours or until pork is falling apart (best way to check this is use two forks to pull apart the meat, if it comes apart easy it’s ready).
- Strain the pork out of roasting tray and pull apart, place aside in a warm place.
- Slice Burger buns in half and toast slightly under the grill, Spread with butter and top with pork mixture
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Taka Tala Chutney on each bun, add torn Cos lettuce to plate and enjoy.
SHOP THE BEERENBERG PRODUCTS USED
To shop, simply click the image below