Pinot Noir always has a way to thrill the senses when paired with food that compliments its flavours. Generally grown in cooler regions, like our home in the Adelaide Hills Pinot Noir is always a safe choice to pair with a variety of food because of its versatility. Because Pinot Noir is lighter on tannins but still has a medium body the varietal suits a broad range of cuisine.
Enjoy this easy Fig and Prosciutto Pizza with Balsamic Drizzle that pairs with our 777 Pinot Noir perfectly.
· 1 tbsp. x extra virgin olive oil
· 300g x mozzarella cheese
· 5 – 6 x figs sliced into quarters
· 10 x very thin slices of Prosciutto
· 1 x packet of rocket
· Pizza bases (we use a pita bread to keep it healthy)
· Salt and pepper
· Balsamic glaze
· 1 x half lemon juice
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Lay out pizza bases onto an oven tray
3. Cover pizza bases with a thin coating of olive oil
4. Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella over the base
5. Cut fig slices into quarters and place on top of the cheese
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
7. Put pizza in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the dough is cooked and golden and the cheese is melted.
8. Upon removing from oven, top pizza with slices of prosciutto and rocket
9. Right before serving drizzle with balsamic and a squeeze of lemon and more importantly, pour yourself a glass of 777 Pinot Noir and enjoy!